If passed, how would the proposed Bond address these challenges with our Library?
If passed, the proposed Bond is expected to fund the following improvements:
100% Accessible Building
- Remove inaccessible mezzanine and remodel the main floor and basement. Estimated to increase accessible floor space by 126%.
- Elevator to make all floors accessible.
- Upgrade bathrooms.
- New outside ramp, widen aisles to accommodate users with wheelchairs, strollers to browse selections.
Expand Children’s Space and Programming
- Larger, designated area for children’s programming, literacy and learning opportunities
- Create a larger, designated area for teen programming and collaboration
- Install modern wiring and technology to meet modern Library standards
Repair An Aging Building
- Replaces inefficient heating, cooling systems
- Electrical, roofing, flooring, lighting, plumbing upgrades
- Add energy efficient windows
- Adds meeting rooms that can be used by study groups, clubs, and nonprofit community organizations